Learn About Comfortable Laser Dental Procedures
Family Dentistry of Frisco Offers the Latest in Dental Technology
At Family Dentistry in Frisco: Laser, Sedation and Implant Center we believe in using dental technologies to ensure the comfort of our patients. Laser dentistry offers exceptional care because it’s safe, effective, and comfortable.
Lasers have been in use in dental practices since 1990. Like all technology, laser dentistry continues to advance. We used highly developed machines at our Frisco dental practice, and our patients can rely on the efficiency and safety offered by the use of lasers in dental treatments.
Laser dentistry covers a wide array of procedures and processes, and at Family Dentistry of Frisco, we can perform many types of dental work:
- Take out damaged, infected, or overgrown periodontal tissues
- Treat gum disease
- Remove gum tissue for cosmetic or restorative procedures
- Perform biopsies
- Use in teeth whitening
- Heal infections in root canals
- Reshape gum and bone tissues for crown lengthening
- Expose partial eruptions of wisdom teeth
Why do we use lasers at Family Dentistry of Frisco? Our patients always remain our focus, especially when it comes to ensuring you feel at ease during your treatments. Patients shouldn’t dread dental care, at our laser, sedation and implant center, we utilize all the necessary options to create a pleasant, relaxing, and anxiety-free experience. Lasers are an optimal part of this experience, because they offer many benefits:
- Lasers replace the need to use drills.
- Most patients do not require anesthesia for laser dentistry.
- Lasers are more precise tools, and allow more efficient procedures.
- Laser dentistry offers many patients a more relaxed treatment.
- With laser dentistry, patients require less recovery time.
- There is usually no need for sutures with laser dentistry.
- Lasers reduce the bacteria in gums and in cavities.
- Bleeding is better controlled, and in many cases, there’s very little bleeding at all.
Frequently Asked Questions about Laser Dentistry
Can you really do fillings without Novocain?
Yes. More than 90% of fillings are done with no local anesthesia.
What does it feel like to have the laser prepare my tooth?
Many patients feel little or nothing at all. Some patients report they feel the cold of the water spray on the tooth, but do not find it uncomfortable. Some teeth become mildly sensitive to the laser once most of the cavity is gone, but patients find this tolerable and preferable to getting a needle.Read More
When do you still need to numb someone?
Some teeth are more sensitive than others and the patient determines if they want to get numb at any point in the procedure. The high speed handpiece is needed when old silver fillings need to be removed and most of the time we will numb someone when this is needed. Other times it is the doctor's judgment that the patient might be more comfortable with anesthesia and he will recommend it.
Do you ever use a drill for fillings?
Sometimes the doctor needs to use a low speed handpiece to gently remove the decay from the tooth after the initial laser preparation. This is done with special ceramic burs that only remove decayed tooth structure. Most patients find this too be as comfortable as the laser. This is not the high speed drill that most people associate with fillings being done; the laser replaces this step.
What about kids?
Kids do great. We have experienced very little discomfort when working on primary teeth. This makes for a much less traumatic filling experience for most children. Also, lots of kids think lasers are pretty cool.
Can you do crowns with the laser?
The actual crown preparation is done with the high speed handpiece. However, the laser is used during this procedure if any filling material is placed, to help get a better impression, and to comfortably perform any gum surgery needed during the procedure.
Can the laser be used for gum surgery?
Yes. Both lasers we have are used for a variety of gum procedures. We use no scalpels and rarely need to place a suture. The lasers are very kind to the tissue so post-operative discomfort is greatly reduced. Patients who have experienced traditional gum surgery are pleasantly surprised about the lack of post-operative pain.
Do laser procedures cost more? Will insurance pay for them?
The gains in efficiency the of the laser allow us to charge fees that are the same as traditional techniques, and in some cases less such as some gum surgeries. The procedures are the same as done with drills, scalpels, and the like. It is how they are done that differs—therefore all procedures are submitted to insurance using traditional coding. If a particular procedure is covered under your plan it makes no difference whether a laser or a drill is used.
At Family Dentistry of Frisco: Laser, Sedation and Implant Center we utilize laser dentistry for the ultimate benefit of our patients. If you live in Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Allen, Little Elm, Prosper, or nearby cities, Family Dentistry of Frisco invites you to enjoy the advantages of laser dentistry. Request an appointment now!
Click Here: Reviews
Take a look at what other patients have said and post your own feedback about our office.
- Laser technology (replacing shots)
- Sedation (Gas-Nitrous Oxide, Oral, and IV)
- Root Canal
- Implants (including a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging)
- Orthodontics (Braces and Invisalign)
- Sleep Apnea
- Our beautiful, newly built office offers elegance, luxury, beauty, and comfort in every room.
- One American, a day, dies from oral cancer. We firmly believe in cancer screening. Our team performs comprehensive oral cancer screenings for all patients!
- Dr. Patel is a master and fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
- We devote unparalleled compassion, nurture, and comfortable care starting from the front concierge to our dental assistant to our doctor.
- Our doctor, Dr. Paresh B. Patel, is an internationally and nationally trained general dentist, and he has more than thirteen years of experience in family dentistry!
- Our practice has a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging (i.e., CT scan) to allow our team to visualize the anatomy of your teeth and bones accurately.
- We believe the heart of education is education of the heart. We lead and organize health fairs and have personally traveled and help at many earthquake-hit areas.
- Family Dentistry of Frisco recommends The Tooth Book by Dr. Seuss as a gift to your child!
- Our doctor received the Dental Practitioner's Award for his outstanding patient care and compassion.
- Our primary focus is patient care. We use the latest laser technology to replace shots! This will drastically increase your recovery time and undoubtedly help with pain!
- We use Digital X-Rays that reduces radiation given to you.
- Our patients are our primary concern. We eliminate shots by using laser technology and offer many types of sedation (gas-nitrous oxide, oral, and IV) of your choosing.
- We are open at very convenient times from Monday through Friday 7AM-6PM and Saturday 9AM-2PM. Come book your appointment with us when it is convenient for you!
- Our doctor's life passion is dentistry…and oh yeah, he was born and raised in England. Come listen to him speak with his British accent!