Treating Gum Disease With Periodontics
Conventional and Laser Periodontal Therapy Revives Oral Health
At Family Dentistry of Frisco, we know that your gums are the foundation on which excellent oral health is built. More than 80% of American adults have some form of gum disease—also known as periodontal disease. You may think that gum disease isn’t a big deal, but ongoing scientific research continues to link oral infections with systemic illnesses such as heart disease, strokes, diabetes, premature births, and joint disorders.
In addition, gum disease is the number one reason for tooth loss in the United States. Risk factors for gum disease include smoking, age, improper oral hygiene, certain medications, and poor nutrition. You may make good decisions with eating and lifestyle choices as well as keep excellent oral hygiene, but you can still have gum disease. Nearly thirty-percent of the population has genetic predisposition toward gum disease.
So, how do you know if you have gum disease? Sometimes, you may not even know that you have a periodontal infection—not everyone has symptoms.
However, there are plenty of indications of gum disease, and if you have any of the following issues, make an appointment at our Frisco family dental practice to get a checkup and potentially periodontics!
Signs of Gum Disease
- Bleeding gum during or after brushing
- Swollen gums
- Gums that feel tender
- Reddening or discolorations on the gums
- Loosening teeth
- Gums pulling away from the teeth
- Pus exuding from pockets around the teeth
- Tooth loss
Diagnosing and treating gum disease in its earliest stages is just another reason why regular dental check-ups at our Frisco dental practice are so important. Gingivitis can be arrested with deep cleanings and antibiotics. With a deep cleaning, also called scaling & root planing, our periodontal professionals scrape the plaque from your teeth. We do so using specialized tools to remove the bacteria material from above and below the gum line.
At Family Dentistry of Frisco, we use laser technology to treat gum disease, too.
We use both of our available lasers for a variety of gum procedures, including gum disease therapy. At our Frisco dental practice, you can experience comfortable treatment with laser technology. We rarely need to place a suture, and lasers are minimally invasive, which means post-operative discomfort is little to none.
For patients in and around Frisco, Texas, our compassionate team can treat gum disease with conventional and laser periodontal therapy. For more extreme cases of gum disease, which can detrimentally affect the teeth, gums, and underlying bone, you may need periodontal surgeries. Family Dentistry of Frisco may be able to restore your gum health with periodontics: regenerative procedures, pocket reductions, or tissue and bone grafts.
Family Dentistry of Frisco can treat your gum disease with conventional and laser therapies. We also offer periodontal plastic surgeries to repair any smile damage. If you live in Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Allen, Little Elm, Prosper, or nearby cities, Family Dentistry of Frisco invites you to enjoy the advantages of gum disease therapy. Request your appointment today!
Click Here: Reviews
Take a look at what other patients have said and post your own feedback about our office.
- Laser technology (replacing shots)
- Sedation (Gas-Nitrous Oxide, Oral, and IV)
- Root Canal
- Implants (including a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging)
- Orthodontics (Braces and Invisalign)
- Sleep Apnea
- Our beautiful, newly built office offers elegance, luxury, beauty, and comfort in every room.
- One American, a day, dies from oral cancer. We firmly believe in cancer screening. Our team performs comprehensive oral cancer screenings for all patients!
- Dr. Patel is a master and fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
- We devote unparalleled compassion, nurture, and comfortable care starting from the front concierge to our dental assistant to our doctor.
- Our doctor, Dr. Paresh B. Patel, is an internationally and nationally trained general dentist, and he has more than thirteen years of experience in family dentistry!
- Our practice has a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging (i.e., CT scan) to allow our team to visualize the anatomy of your teeth and bones accurately.
- We believe the heart of education is education of the heart. We lead and organize health fairs and have personally traveled and help at many earthquake-hit areas.
- Family Dentistry of Frisco recommends The Tooth Book by Dr. Seuss as a gift to your child!
- Our doctor received the Dental Practitioner's Award for his outstanding patient care and compassion.
- Our primary focus is patient care. We use the latest laser technology to replace shots! This will drastically increase your recovery time and undoubtedly help with pain!
- We use Digital X-Rays that reduces radiation given to you.
- Our patients are our primary concern. We eliminate shots by using laser technology and offer many types of sedation (gas-nitrous oxide, oral, and IV) of your choosing.
- We are open at very convenient times from Monday through Friday 7AM-6PM and Saturday 9AM-2PM. Come book your appointment with us when it is convenient for you!
- Our doctor's life passion is dentistry…and oh yeah, he was born and raised in England. Come listen to him speak with his British accent!