According to a nationwide survey, only 30 percent of the U.S. population flosses their teeth daily. Another 37 percent flosses sometimes, while the remainder say they never floss. Are you in one of the latter two categories? If so, you should pause to think about how your aversion to flossing might be affecting your oral health — and how a change in your habits could benefit you. Let’s talk about some of the most outstanding benefits of flossing.
August 14, 2019
July 16, 2019
You may have excellent brushing and flossing habits. Twice every day, you use proper technique to brush plaque away from your gums and teeth. Once a day, you use your floss to clear out the tight spaces between your teeth. Since you are doing such a good job of cleaning your teeth at home, there is no reason for you to visit your dentist twice a year for a dental exam and cleaning, right? Well… wrong. In fact, no matter how good your daily oral hygiene habits are, regular visits to your dentist are essential. Here are just a few of the reasons why this is so:
June 18, 2019
The vast majority of individuals will suffer from a dental cavity at some point in their lives. Unfortunately, once a cavity forms, there is no way for the tooth to heal itself. You must visit a dentist for restorative treatment. In most cases, it is possible to stop the decay and protect the tooth from further damage with a simple tooth-colored composite resin filling. Let’s talk more about what fillings are, how you can tell if you need one, and what you can expect during and after the treatment process.
May 15, 2019
Dental anxiety is a common issue. Although a dentist’s gentle touch and reassuring manner can do a lot to alleviate patients’ nervousness, some individuals need a little more help in the form of sedation dentistry. Thanks to expertly administered sedation medications, patients are able to breeze through their dental appointments and get the oral healthcare they need without suffering from undue anxiety. Let’s discuss three common sedation dentistry options: nitrous oxide, oral conscious sedation, and IV sedation.
April 21, 2019
If you have lost all or most of your teeth, you have a big decision to make: How will you rebuild your smile? Many patients choose traditional dentures, but others opt for implant-supported dentures in Frisco. Let’s take a moment to compare these two options so you can make a fully informed, confident decision about your treatment. Hopefully, it will not be long before you are once again the owner of a complete, gorgeous, and functional set of teeth.
March 18, 2019
The American Dental Association estimates that 10 – 15 percent of adults in the U.S. suffer from bruxism. This condition, which is defined by involuntary and habitual teeth grinding, can have serious oral health consequences if it does not receive a proper diagnosis and treatment. But how can you tell if you have bruxism? How can you stop the teeth grinding and save your smile from future problems? Dr. Paresh B. Patel is here to discuss these important issues.
February 19, 2019
Tooth enamel is not naturally white, and in many people, it is translucent enough that the yellow dentin beneath it is visible. On top of that, daily habits like wine and coffee consumption can discolor your smile. Fortunately, you are not doomed to live with a lackluster grin. Thanks to Zoom teeth whitening in Frisco, you could become the proud owner of brilliantly bright set of teeth after just one dental appointment!
January 15, 2019
The vast majority of people have had a cavity at some point or will develop one in the future. In most cases, cavities are nothing to be alarmed about. You simply visit your dentist, and they repair the hole in your tooth with a filling so you go back to enjoying a healthy smile. But when should you see your dentist for cavity treatment? Are there any obvious symptoms of tooth decay? Let’s talk about these important questions and discuss how you can prevent cavities from forming in the first place.
December 14, 2018
Did you know that 98% of the population gets their wisdom teeth? Put another way, only 2 lucky people out of every 100 don’t need wisdom teeth removal, but the odds are that you aren’t one of them! If you’ve been told that you need this oral surgery procedure, it’s not uncommon to have questions and wonder what you can expect afterward. Keep reading for more information and find out why having your wisdom teeth taken out is so important to your long-term oral health!
November 23, 2018
If the term “root canal” sends shivers of fear up and down your spine, you’re far from alone. Those two little words have become synonymous with dental agony. But don’t let your imagination run away with you. If you are experiencing root canal pain, the best thing you can do is visit your oral health doctor and trust them to provide comfortable, compassionate care. Let’s talk more about what a root canal is and how you can determine if you need to schedule an appointment with your dentist.
Click Here: Reviews
Take a look at what other patients have said and post your own feedback about our office.
- Laser technology (replacing shots)
- Sedation (Gas-Nitrous Oxide, Oral, and IV)
- Root Canal
- Implants (including a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging)
- Orthodontics (Braces and Invisalign)
- Sleep Apnea
- Our beautiful, newly built office offers elegance, luxury, beauty, and comfort in every room.
- One American, a day, dies from oral cancer. We firmly believe in cancer screening. Our team performs comprehensive oral cancer screenings for all patients!
- Dr. Patel is a master and fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
- We devote unparalleled compassion, nurture, and comfortable care starting from the front concierge to our dental assistant to our doctor.
- Our doctor, Dr. Paresh B. Patel, is an internationally and nationally trained general dentist, and he has more than thirteen years of experience in family dentistry!
- Our practice has a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging (i.e., CT scan) to allow our team to visualize the anatomy of your teeth and bones accurately.
- We believe the heart of education is education of the heart. We lead and organize health fairs and have personally traveled and help at many earthquake-hit areas.
- Family Dentistry of Frisco recommends The Tooth Book by Dr. Seuss as a gift to your child!
- Our doctor received the Dental Practitioner's Award for his outstanding patient care and compassion.
- Our primary focus is patient care. We use the latest laser technology to replace shots! This will drastically increase your recovery time and undoubtedly help with pain!
- We use Digital X-Rays that reduces radiation given to you.
- Our patients are our primary concern. We eliminate shots by using laser technology and offer many types of sedation (gas-nitrous oxide, oral, and IV) of your choosing.
- We are open at very convenient times from Monday through Friday 7AM-6PM and Saturday 9AM-2PM. Come book your appointment with us when it is convenient for you!
- Our doctor's life passion is dentistry…and oh yeah, he was born and raised in England. Come listen to him speak with his British accent!