Root Canal Treatment Healing Smiles in Frisco
Alleviate Toothaches and Treat Severe Infections
At Family Dentistry of Frisco, we offer root canal procedures to alleviate the discomfort and infection associated with toothaches. Generally, if you’re suffering pain in your tooth, it’s likely that interior channels—the root canals—are diseased.
These infections often occur because bacteria have infiltrated the inside of your tooth. Teeth that are damaged, cracked, and broken, as well as teeth with cavities, are more susceptible to bacterial infections.
Along with root canals, the interior of your tooth also includes pulp and the nerve. One of the main purposes of your tooth’s nerve is to feel pain. In other words, a tooth nerve is a sensor that lets you know when something’s wrong. Unfortunately, by the time you experience pain, it’s likely that the infection is advanced.
For patients who live in and around Frisco and who are experiencing pain, throbbing, or aching, it’s important to contact us at Family Dentistry of Frisco. Dr. Paresh B. Patel can perform comfortable root canal therapy, and remove the infection that has damaged the interior tissues of your tooth. If your infection goes untreated, it’s possible to get an abscessed tooth, which is more costly to treat, can cause additional health problems, and may require periodontal surgery.
How do you know if you’re experiencing a root canal infection? Some of the symptoms include:
- Pain in or around the tooth
- Aching or throbbing in the tooth
- Prolonged sensitivity to cold or hot temperatures
- Dark spots on the tooth
- Weakening, chipping, or cracking of the tooth
- Swelling in the gums
At Family Dentistry of Frisco, we want you to feel at ease during your root canal therapy. With our sedation options and comfort amenities, we can ensure you feel as relaxed as possible when Dr. Paresh B. Patel performs his advanced endodontics.
Root canal therapy, also commonly known as “getting a root canal,” is the process to remove the infection and save as much tooth structure as possible. During your procedure, Dr. Paresh removes the infected tissue and cleans it out. Then he will file the interior until smooth and fills it with a sealant. After a root canal, we recommend the placement of a porcelain crown. The crown will ensure your tooth remains strong, beautiful, and functional.
At Family Dentistry of Frisco you will receive PIPs enhanced root canal treatment which uses laser to enhance disinfection to achieve more long-lasting results.
Family Dentistry of Frisco offers this therapy for patients who live in Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Allen, Little Elm, Prosper, and all nearby communities. Request your appointment today!
Click Here: Reviews
Take a look at what other patients have said and post your own feedback about our office.
- Laser technology (replacing shots)
- Sedation (Gas-Nitrous Oxide, Oral, and IV)
- Root Canal
- Implants (including a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging)
- Orthodontics (Braces and Invisalign)
- Sleep Apnea
- Our beautiful, newly built office offers elegance, luxury, beauty, and comfort in every room.
- One American, a day, dies from oral cancer. We firmly believe in cancer screening. Our team performs comprehensive oral cancer screenings for all patients!
- Dr. Patel is a master and fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
- We devote unparalleled compassion, nurture, and comfortable care starting from the front concierge to our dental assistant to our doctor.
- Our doctor, Dr. Paresh B. Patel, is an internationally and nationally trained general dentist, and he has more than thirteen years of experience in family dentistry!
- Our practice has a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging (i.e., CT scan) to allow our team to visualize the anatomy of your teeth and bones accurately.
- We believe the heart of education is education of the heart. We lead and organize health fairs and have personally traveled and help at many earthquake-hit areas.
- Family Dentistry of Frisco recommends The Tooth Book by Dr. Seuss as a gift to your child!
- Our doctor received the Dental Practitioner's Award for his outstanding patient care and compassion.
- Our primary focus is patient care. We use the latest laser technology to replace shots! This will drastically increase your recovery time and undoubtedly help with pain!
- We use Digital X-Rays that reduces radiation given to you.
- Our patients are our primary concern. We eliminate shots by using laser technology and offer many types of sedation (gas-nitrous oxide, oral, and IV) of your choosing.
- We are open at very convenient times from Monday through Friday 7AM-6PM and Saturday 9AM-2PM. Come book your appointment with us when it is convenient for you!
- Our doctor's life passion is dentistry…and oh yeah, he was born and raised in England. Come listen to him speak with his British accent!