Periodontal Plastic Surgery
Totally Transform Your Smile Through These Procedures
At Family Dentistry of Frisco, our experienced and highly trained dentist Dr. Paresh B. Patel can perform restorative periodontal procedures at our comfortable dental practice. If you live in and around the Frisco, Texas area and you’re suffering from severe periodontal conditions that have caused damage to your smile, rely on us to help you.
Periodontal surgeries can be used to improve your smile through a variety of procedures designed to recreate health and to enhance the look of your gums. Gum disease is often the culprit to many periodontal problems. In fact, if your gum disease goes untreated then deep pockets form around your teeth. These deepening pockets allow bacteria to grow unimpeded—and this leads to the breakdown of tissues and bone structures.
Advanced gum disease, called periodontitis, may require periodontal plastic surgery, depending on how severe the symptoms. Pocket reduction is often the first course of action to repair your diseased gums. Our compassionate Frisco dentist will fold back your gum tissue and remove the bacteria clinging to your tooth roots. Then Dr. Paresh B. Patel will smooth the irregular surface of damaged bone to prevent further bacterial infections and allow optimal reattachment of gum tissue. When your pocket reduction is complete, your gums are secured in place.
Some patients need periodontal plastic surgery because they require regenerative procedures to restore bone and tissue destroyed by gum disease. At Family Dentistry of Frisco, our compassionate dentist Dr. Paresh B. Patel can perform regenerative procedures in a comfortable environment. We offer every type of sedation, including IV sedation, which benefits our patients who need periodontal plastic surgeries.
If you need a regenerative procedure for your periodontal plastic surgery, our dentist will fold back your gum tissue, remove the bacteria, and then perform the regeneration needed. For regeneration purposes, we may use membranes, bone grafts, or tissue-stimulating proteins to encourage the natural regeneration of your bone and tissue. At Family Dentistry of Frisco, we will use our experience, skills, and techniques to repair your gum and bone tissues with periodontal plastic surgery.
Do you think your teeth appear too short? If so, this is usually because too much gum tissue covers your teeth, and is often referred to as a “gummy” smile. At Family Dentistry for Frisco, Dr. Paresh B. Patel will correct your gummy smile with a periodontal plastic surgery called crown lengthening. In crown lengthening, we remove excess gum tissue and then we reshape the bone tissue. Once this periodontal plastic surgery is completed, then you’ll be pleased with your new and pleasing smile.
At Family Dentistry of Frisco, we can also perform a gum graft. Gum grafts are beneficial periodontal plastic surgeries, which cover exposed tooth roots. Exposed tooth roots make your teeth appear too long—and can increase sensitivity to temperatures of food and drink. Generally, a gum graft receives donor tissue from your palate. We use the tissue cover your exposed tooth roots and even out your gum line. With a gum graft, we can create protective layers against temperature sensitivity and bacteria. This periodontal plastic surgery will also give your smile a more natural appearance.
Family Dentistry of Frisco provides periodontal plastic surgeries to repair diseased gums and damaged smiles. For residents in Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Allen, Little Elm, Prosper, or nearby cities, Family Dentistry of Frisco offers periodontal plastic surgeries. Request your appointment!
Click Here: Reviews
Take a look at what other patients have said and post your own feedback about our office.
- Laser technology (replacing shots)
- Sedation (Gas-Nitrous Oxide, Oral, and IV)
- Root Canal
- Implants (including a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging)
- Orthodontics (Braces and Invisalign)
- Sleep Apnea
- Our beautiful, newly built office offers elegance, luxury, beauty, and comfort in every room.
- One American, a day, dies from oral cancer. We firmly believe in cancer screening. Our team performs comprehensive oral cancer screenings for all patients!
- Dr. Patel is a master and fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
- We devote unparalleled compassion, nurture, and comfortable care starting from the front concierge to our dental assistant to our doctor.
- Our doctor, Dr. Paresh B. Patel, is an internationally and nationally trained general dentist, and he has more than thirteen years of experience in family dentistry!
- Our practice has a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging (i.e., CT scan) to allow our team to visualize the anatomy of your teeth and bones accurately.
- We believe the heart of education is education of the heart. We lead and organize health fairs and have personally traveled and help at many earthquake-hit areas.
- Family Dentistry of Frisco recommends The Tooth Book by Dr. Seuss as a gift to your child!
- Our doctor received the Dental Practitioner's Award for his outstanding patient care and compassion.
- Our primary focus is patient care. We use the latest laser technology to replace shots! This will drastically increase your recovery time and undoubtedly help with pain!
- We use Digital X-Rays that reduces radiation given to you.
- Our patients are our primary concern. We eliminate shots by using laser technology and offer many types of sedation (gas-nitrous oxide, oral, and IV) of your choosing.
- We are open at very convenient times from Monday through Friday 7AM-6PM and Saturday 9AM-2PM. Come book your appointment with us when it is convenient for you!
- Our doctor's life passion is dentistry…and oh yeah, he was born and raised in England. Come listen to him speak with his British accent!