Sleep Apnea Treatment
End Disruptive Snoring and Sleep Soundly at Night
Dr. Paresh B. Patel expertly treats your snoring and sleep apnea problems with the most appropriate and effective therapies in the field. Obstructive sleep apnea is a serious medical condition that detrimentally affects sufferers in all aspects of daily life. This condition is diagnosed when the patient experience abnormal pauses in breathing. People affected have a higher mortality rate, and often have other ailments or lifestyle problems that can contribute to sleep apnea issues.
Signs and symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea often include:
- Breathing interrupted by long or abnormal pauses
- Snoring loudly and chronically
- Choking or gasping, even to the point you awaken
- Waking up with a sore throat or dry mouth
- Enduring migraines, especially in the morning
- Experiencing daily exhaustion even after a full night’s rest
- Feeling irritable, moody, or forgetful
- Dealing with insomnia
At Family Dentistry of Frisco, we know the importance of treating sleep apnea. Did you know that chronic, loud snoring is often the most significant indicator of obstructive sleep apnea? Snoring may be related to the constriction of the throat that occurs during nightly sleep—in those who have sleep apnea. Unfortunately, most people who have sleep apnea are unaware they have a genuine issue that needs to be treated. Many sleep apnea cases are often diagnosed after someone else witnesses the irregular pauses in breathing. At our Frisco dental practice, we help our patients with sleep apnea, using effective treatments that open the airway and allow for easy breathing and more restful sleep.
Have you attempted to resolve your snoring issues, either by changing sleeping positions or trying over-the-counter treatments? If your attempts to resolve your snoring problems have been ineffective, it may be time to consider a sleep study to determine if you have sleep apnea. Sleep apnea requires treatments that are specific to your needs—and at Family Dentistry of Frisco, we give you the treatment the benefits you the most. Sleep apnea treatments involve ways to keep your airway open, which allows you to get more oxygen.
There are risk factors for this serious ailment, including lifestyle choices such as smoking or being overweight. In some cases, you may be genetically predisposed to have sleep apnea. Additionally, men are twice as likely to experience obstructive sleep apnea than women. At our state-of-the-art dental office, we think it’s important for our patients to be treated trouble breathing and snoring issues. If you suspect that your or a loved one suffers from the condition, contact Family Dentistry of Frisco as soon as possible. Patients who suffer from sleep apnea usually have one or more of the following risk factors:
- Being overweight
- Having a small upper airway
- Having a large neck
- Being older than 40 years old
- Drinking in excess
- Having a recessed chin or large overbite
Dr. Paresh B. Patel will discuss your treatment options. In some cases, lifestyle changes such as losing weight, reducing alcohol consumption, smoking cessation, and sleeping on your side may alleviate your condition. Sleep apnea and snoring issues can also be treated with specific oral appliance devices, which hold the lower jaw in a forward position to maintain a clear airway. These devices reduce snoring and improve breathing—ensuring that you enjoy a restful night’s sleep.
Family Dentistry of Frisco offers this therapy for patients who need treatment for poor sleep quality and snoring. We offer sleep apnea therapy and more dental services to residents of Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Allen, Little Elm, Prosper, and surrounding cities. Make your appointment today!
Click Here: Reviews
Take a look at what other patients have said and post your own feedback about our office.
- Laser technology (replacing shots)
- Sedation (Gas-Nitrous Oxide, Oral, and IV)
- Root Canal
- Implants (including a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging)
- Orthodontics (Braces and Invisalign)
- Sleep Apnea
- Our beautiful, newly built office offers elegance, luxury, beauty, and comfort in every room.
- One American, a day, dies from oral cancer. We firmly believe in cancer screening. Our team performs comprehensive oral cancer screenings for all patients!
- Dr. Patel is a master and fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
- We devote unparalleled compassion, nurture, and comfortable care starting from the front concierge to our dental assistant to our doctor.
- Our doctor, Dr. Paresh B. Patel, is an internationally and nationally trained general dentist, and he has more than thirteen years of experience in family dentistry!
- Our practice has a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging (i.e., CT scan) to allow our team to visualize the anatomy of your teeth and bones accurately.
- We believe the heart of education is education of the heart. We lead and organize health fairs and have personally traveled and help at many earthquake-hit areas.
- Family Dentistry of Frisco recommends The Tooth Book by Dr. Seuss as a gift to your child!
- Our doctor received the Dental Practitioner's Award for his outstanding patient care and compassion.
- Our primary focus is patient care. We use the latest laser technology to replace shots! This will drastically increase your recovery time and undoubtedly help with pain!
- We use Digital X-Rays that reduces radiation given to you.
- Our patients are our primary concern. We eliminate shots by using laser technology and offer many types of sedation (gas-nitrous oxide, oral, and IV) of your choosing.
- We are open at very convenient times from Monday through Friday 7AM-6PM and Saturday 9AM-2PM. Come book your appointment with us when it is convenient for you!
- Our doctor's life passion is dentistry…and oh yeah, he was born and raised in England. Come listen to him speak with his British accent!