Flashing a healthy, appealing smile is good for your oral health and your self-esteem. Restoring your natural teeth is important because they are usually better for your smile than having to replace them with tooth substitutes. Our Family Dentistry of Frisco team is pleased to be able to use dental fillings and root canals to help you keep your natural teeth as long as possible. Of course, the best way to do that is by brushing and flossing every day as recommended, and keeping your routine dental cleanings and checkups!
But things happen, and sometimes you end up needing a dental filling to repair a damaged tooth. Composite dental fillings not only look better in your smile but also offer better bonding to the tooth because they adhere at a micro-level to your natural tooth so your tooth ends up being stronger as well.
Why Use Composite Fillings?
- They reduce tooth sensitivity from the hot and cold foods and drinks you consume
- They are better for sealing the affected area, protecting the tooth from further decay or leaks
- They repair cavities that are so small that amalgam can’t
- Composite fillings can be fixed without taking them out of the tooth
- Composite doesn’t contain mercury or other potentially harmful metals
- They offer additional support to maintain the tooth’s structural integrity after removing the decay
- This support also lessens the likelihood of the tooth breaking or fracturing down the road
Composite dental fillings can also be made to match your natural teeth so that your smile looks flawless and healthy while being done in just one visit. Our skilled dentist, Dr. Paresh B. Patel is happy to fix your tooth using the beauty of a composite dental filling so your smile stays bright with confidence.
If you suspect you may have tooth decay, we welcome you to give us a call today to get rid of tooth decay and strengthen the tooth using a composite dental filling in Frisco, Texas. Call our Family Dentistry of Frisco team at (469) 362-3150 to schedule your next visit. Your smile will thank you!