Wisdom Teeth Extractions
Even though wisdom teeth develop naturally, modern jaws don’t have room for them. That’s why Dr. Paresh B. Patel recommends that all patients have these teeth, which are also known as third molars, removed sometime between the ages of 17 and 19. Typically, wisdom teeth start coming in during a patient’s teenage years. If they’re allowed to come in all the way, a series of uncomfortable, and even dangerous, long-term issues may develop, unless they’re surgically extracted.
The two most common complications are crowding and impaction. In cases of crowding, teeth are pushed out of alignment, causing jaw pain and making the patient more vulnerable to gum disease—a common oral health problem that can have long-term consequences if not treated quickly. In cases of impaction, a tooth may become stuck in the jaw, or it may come in sideways, backwards, or forwards, resulting in pain, swelling, and infection. In other cases, letting wisdom teeth come in may create an opportunity for bacteria and germs to multiply and for cysts or tumors to form around the tooth. All of which points to the importance of having wisdom teeth extracted before they have a chance to fully develop.
At Family Dentistry of Frisco, Dr. Paresh B. Patel offers exceptional surgical care using today’s best technical and dental tools. Our Frisco team will start monitoring the development of wisdom teeth in patients who are around the age of 11 or 12 and make a recommendation based on subsequent dental exams. When the time is right, a wisdom tooth extraction procedure can be completed in just one visit to our Frisco office. Using one of our sedation options, we’ll make sure that the patient is as comfortable as possible before beginning the routine procedure.
For more on surgical care we can provide, and the reasons it’s important, visit our oral surgery page. If you have questions specifically about the development and extraction of wisdom teeth, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We recommend bringing your son or daughter in for regular care so we can create a timeline for care. Family Dentistry of Frisco serves patients from Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Allen, Little Elm, Prosper, and nearby communities.
Click Here: Reviews
Take a look at what other patients have said and post your own feedback about our office.
- Laser technology (replacing shots)
- Sedation (Gas-Nitrous Oxide, Oral, and IV)
- Root Canal
- Implants (including a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging)
- Orthodontics (Braces and Invisalign)
- Sleep Apnea
- Our beautiful, newly built office offers elegance, luxury, beauty, and comfort in every room.
- One American, a day, dies from oral cancer. We firmly believe in cancer screening. Our team performs comprehensive oral cancer screenings for all patients!
- Dr. Patel is a master and fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
- We devote unparalleled compassion, nurture, and comfortable care starting from the front concierge to our dental assistant to our doctor.
- Our doctor, Dr. Paresh B. Patel, is an internationally and nationally trained general dentist, and he has more than thirteen years of experience in family dentistry!
- Our practice has a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging (i.e., CT scan) to allow our team to visualize the anatomy of your teeth and bones accurately.
- We believe the heart of education is education of the heart. We lead and organize health fairs and have personally traveled and help at many earthquake-hit areas.
- Family Dentistry of Frisco recommends The Tooth Book by Dr. Seuss as a gift to your child!
- Our doctor received the Dental Practitioner's Award for his outstanding patient care and compassion.
- Our primary focus is patient care. We use the latest laser technology to replace shots! This will drastically increase your recovery time and undoubtedly help with pain!
- We use Digital X-Rays that reduces radiation given to you.
- Our patients are our primary concern. We eliminate shots by using laser technology and offer many types of sedation (gas-nitrous oxide, oral, and IV) of your choosing.
- We are open at very convenient times from Monday through Friday 7AM-6PM and Saturday 9AM-2PM. Come book your appointment with us when it is convenient for you!
- Our doctor's life passion is dentistry…and oh yeah, he was born and raised in England. Come listen to him speak with his British accent!