Paresh B. Patel, DDS, BDS, MFGDP, MFDS, RCS, MICOI
TOP RATED DENTIST STRIVES TO PROVIDE YOU THE BEST IN DENTAL CARE
With 25 years of comprehensive dental experience and six degrees in dentistry, Dr. Paresh B. Patel has served his patients of all ages with compassion and care at Family Dentistry of Frisco. A patient-centered approach, with a focus on prevention and state-of-the-art dental care, awaits patients with Dr. Patel at our office. In addition to general family dentistry, Dr. Patel is sought after for his IV Sedation and cosmetic dentistry, ranging from implants and Invisalign® to laser root canals, wisdom teeth extractions and crowns. In 2016, Dr. Patel was voted “Best in Leadership and Vision” in Frisco Style. Dr. Patel was honored with the “Best Family Dentist” and “Best Cosmetic Dentist” in both 2017 and 2018 by his patients in Plano and Frisco. In 2018, Dr. Patel was honored to be voted as “The Best Dentist in DFW” by his peer dentists in DFW.
Dr. Paresh Patel considers his hometowns to be Birmingham, England, Memphis, Tennessee, and Frisco, Texas. When not in the office or teaching dentistry, he thoroughly relishes his time with his beautiful wife, two charming sons and an adorable daughter. He enjoys traveling and playing golf and soccer.
- More than 25 years of total dental experience in comprehensive, general and surgical dentistry. Certified to administer intravenous (IV) and oral sedation.
- Completed residency in advanced general dentistry from the University of Birmingham with emphasis in the following: pediatric dentistry, surgical dentistry (treated hospital based oral surgery and trauma patients, removal of third molar teeth, impacted teeth and biopsies).
- Complex restorative dentistry and reconstructive dentistry
- Attended implant dentistry and bone grafting training with Professor Daniel Buser, University of Bern, Switzerland.
- Trained with Carl Misch at the Misch Implant Institute.
- Completed seminars in dental anxiety management, including oral and IV sedation.
- Completed a Certificate in Laser Dentistry. Dr. Patel is passionate about laser dentistry and has attended numerous courses and seminars in the subject.
DEGREES AND FELLOWSHIPS
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (University of Tennessee)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (University of Sheffield School of Clinical Dentistry)
- Faculty of General Dentistry (Royal College of General Dentistry)
- Fellow of the Faculty of Dental Surgery (Royal College of Surgeons)
- Mastership of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Best Dentist in DFW (voted by peer dentists in the prestigious D magazine).
- Best Cosmetic Dentist, 2017 & 2018 (voted by patients in Living Magazine for Frisco & Plano).
- Best Family Dentist, 2017 & 2018 (voted by patients in Living Magazine for Frisco & Plano).
- Best of Frisco for Leadership and Vision, 2016 (Frisco Style).
- Siemens Award for Practice Design, Business Planning and Marketing, 2002.
- Awarded best project design, detailing practice design, financial forecasts, marketing strategy and management protocols.
- IADR Prize for Research in Dental Education (San Diego, CA, 80th Session, 2001), chaired by Professor Raman Bedi (Chief Dental Officer); Vocational Trainee Prize in Crown Preparations, 2001.
- Awarded vocational trainee deemed to have made greatest contribution in the West Midlands Scheme.
- Clinical Audit Prize, City Vocational Training Scheme, Birmingham, 2002; awarded to audit project deemed most productive in implementing concept of audit into general practice.
- Sheffield Dental School Prize in Pediatric Dentistry, 2001. Awarded to final-year student nominated by faculty.
- General Dental Practitioners Prize, University of Sheffield, 2001. Awarded to final-year dental student deemed by faculty and patients to have shown the best patient care and communication skills.
- Medical Sickness Society, Student Elective Prize, 2000
- Merris Award for Student Contribution to Charity Work, 1999. Awarded to University students for efforts in aiding student union charity projects.
- Medical Defense Union, Student Elective Prize, 2000
- American Dental Association®
- American Orthodontic Society
- Texas Dental Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dallas Dental Association
- Comparison of convergence angles achieved in posterior teeth prepared for full veneer crowns.” P. B. Patel, D. Wildgoose, R. B. Winstanley. Eur J, Prosthodont Restor Dent. Vol. 13, no. 3, 100-104.
- A comparison in postoperative healing of sites receiving non-surgical debridement augmented with and without a single application of hyaluronan.” P. B. Patel, A. Koshal, R. Bolt, P. Galgut. Submission to Journal of Clinical Periodontology. October 2005.
- Six Month Recall,” Comparative study of two clinical environments.
- BSDR Annual Scientific Meeting Poster Presentation (Finalist for Unilever prize). July 2004.
- The Use of New Clinical Adjuncts in General Dental Practice.” Malta Dental Conference Oral and Poster Presentation. October 2003.
- IADR Oral Presentation: Convergence Angles of full Veneer Crown Preparations, distribution of taper achieved by students, clinical staff and GDP’s.” San Diego, CA, March 2002. Abstract no: 1708IADR
- Poster presentation, “Undergraduate Orthodontic Teaching”, a comparison of two dental schools. San Diego, CA, March 2002.
- British Dental Association – Launch pad Vol 8 No 3 autumn 200 Patel. P – VT Selection – “Not a smooth ride?”
- BDA Launch Pad Elective report” (Journal for Undergraduate and First Year Graduates).
- Medical Defense Union – “An Elective in Orthodontics, a Californian Experience.” November 2000.