Having a Dental Emergency in Frisco, TX?
At Family Dentistry of Frisco, we know that there are times when you might need to have an unscheduled visit with our emergency dentist and team. Dr. Paresh Patel is happy to see people of all ages, from newborns to senior citizens, for dental emergencies in Frisco, Texas, and our office is also available for urgent care on Saturdays. If you or someone in your family has a dental problem that needs immediate attention, your first call should be to our team at (469) 362-3150.
Dental emergencies usually happen unexpectedly, and our team understands that it might be difficult for you to take time out of your busy day for an unplanned visit to the dentist. For this reason, when you call us for emergency dental care, we will take your schedule into account when setting an emergency appointment for you as soon as possible. If your case is particularly complicated, or if you experience dental anxiety, our dentist can also provide IV sedation and other sedation options during your emergency visit.
Many people might wonder if their dental problem is actually an emergency or not. A dental emergency is an issue with your oral health that should not be ignored for long, and if possible, treatment should be rendered the very same day. After our team has addressed your immediate concern, we can help you create a dental treatment plan to address any remaining oral health concerns. This may include cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry such as dental implants, oral surgery or orthodontics.
Types of dental emergencies include:
- Swelling or an abscess
- Severe toothaches
- Sinus pain associated with your teeth
- A lost dental restoration
- Damage to the tongue, cheeks, lips or gums
- A cracked, fractured, chipped or broken tooth
- A partially or fully knocked-out tooth
Please contact our office if you are dealing with any of the listed dental emergencies. We can assess the details of your emergency over the phone and provide any instructions for you to follow before you come in to see us.
What To Do if You Have a Dental Emergency:
Chipped or Broken Tooth
Have you chipped or broken a tooth? Take the following steps before your emergency dental appointment in Frisco, Texas.
- Gently rinse with a mixture of warm water and salt.
- If you are experiencing bleeding, apply gentle pressure with gauze for around ten minutes or until the bleeding stops.
- An ice pack or cold compress can be used to reduce any swelling.
- An over-the-counter or topical pain reliever can be used to address any discomfort.
- Call our office for an appointment with Dr. Patel.
If you discover a loose tooth, call our office for an emergency dental appointment and then follow these steps:
- Use an ice pack or cold compress to bring any swelling down.
- Take an over the counter pain reliever if necessary.
- Make an appointment to see us as soon as possible.
A Knocked-Out Tooth
If you have lost a tooth, call our office for an emergency appointment. Then do the following:
- Rinse your mouth with a saltwater solution to remove any loose debris and to help relieve discomfort.
- If possible, locate the lost tooth.
- Holding it only by the crown, gently rinse the tooth with water. Do not touch the roots.
- Try to place the tooth back in the socket. If will fit, hold it in place by gently biting down on it with a piece of gauze until you can come in to our office.
- If you cannot place the tooth in the socket, submerge it in a tooth-preserving solution, milk or even your own saliva. If necessary, you can hold your tooth between your cheek and gums until your appointment.
- Use an ice pack or cold compress to bring any swelling down.
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever if necessary.
- Make an appointment to see Dr. Patel as soon as possible.
Do you need to replace a lost crown or filling in Frisco, Texas?
- Clean the crown or fillings and see if you can place it back on or in your tooth with dental cement.
- You can also use the cement to cover the tooth to alleviate discomfort.
- If necessary, take an over-the-counter pain reliever.
- Call our team for your appointment.
Are you experiencing a toothache? Here is what to do until you can come in for your emergency appointment:
- You may be able to solve the problem by gently brushing or flossing the tooth and the area around it. That may remove the object that is causing your pain.
- You can use an over-the-counter or topical pain reliever if you are experiencing discomfort. Do not apply aspirin directly to your teeth or gums.
To learn more about the services we offer for emergency dental care in the Frisco, Texas, area, give us a call. We also provide emergency dentistry in Little Elm, Plano, Aubrey, Savannah, Prosper, The Colony, McKinney and Dallas, Texas.
If you have experienced injury to your head or neck, please see your general physician or visit an emergency room first before scheduling with us.
At Family Dentistry of Frisco, Dr. Patel and our team are dedicated providing you and your family with complete smile care.
Hear From Our Patients!
… When two of my back teeth broke I needed to get out of pain and get help. My neighbour recammended Familyu dentistry of frisco. Dr.Paresh B Patelandhis team have been incredible.I had two root canals and crowns done and I have not felt any pain. The Laser root canal was great.I never thought I would say dental treatment was great. Great staff and very skilled and informative doc. – Darrin M.
I went to see Dr.Paresh B Patel because I was having terrible pain on the right side of my mouth. He was very professional and his staff helped to get me in very promptly. I needed to have a wisdom tooth out and also have root canal and crown on a tooth next to wisdom tooth because decay had got into both teeth.
The doctor discussed everything with me and I am very happy with the result and the treatment. My experience is that the office staff are kind and want to help there patients and the doctor gives his patients all the information and options … – Arthva P.
… About two years ago, it got to the point where I could no longer tolerate the pain and discomfort. I knew of Family Dentistry of Frisco because of its proximity to my house. (I run by it every morning.) They took me in on short notice (and during an ice storm). Dr. Patel and staff did not make me feel guilty for neglecting my teeth … – Neil S.
I came to this dental office because I had a severe tooth ache. I have Dental insurance but was putting off having my teeth cleaned and assessed as I knew I had some cavities. Unfortunately, I got severe pain and I scheduled a examination and cleaning. The Scheduling and insurance team at Family Dentistry of Frisco were always professional and helpful. I had several teeth worked on, including root canals, crowns and filling and I have always found Dr.Paresh Patel to be kind, professional, skilled and caring. He sees my whole family and I wanted to take the time to recommend him as he is our hard working and caring dentist that we love!!– Ashley W.
I started seeing Dr. Patel in December 2015 after I cracked a tooth. Following the initial assessment, two root canals were recommended as a start to getting my teeth in tip top shape … The dental assistants are absolute stars, completely friendly and put me right at ease.– Andrew M.