Dr. Paresh Patel provides instructions when you receive IV sedation. Please follow these instructions to maximize the benefits of your sedation treatment and receive your care in comfort. If you have any questions or to schedule an appointment with our dentist in Frisco, Texas, contact Family Dentistry of Frisco today at (469) 362-3150.
The Night Before IV Sedation
- Do not eat or drink anything after 10 p.m. You may eat a light breakfast six hours prior to your appointment if it is scheduled at 2 p.m. or later.
- Do not drink alcohol the day before or the day of the appointment.
The Day Of Treatment
- Drink four ounces of apple juice 90 minutes before the appointment time (to keep your sugar level up).
- Stop your water intake two hours prior to your dental appointment.
- You will need to be driven to and from your appointment. Please be aware that you must you’re your driver – we will not release you to a taxi service (e.g., Uber, Lyft, etc.).
- Please use the restroom upon arrival and leave all personal belongings with your driver.
If you have any questions please contact our office to speak with a member of our team.