Summer is finally here and the days are longer and the nights shorter. We’re more likely to stay up later to make the most of this more relaxed time of year. But if you struggle with worn-down teeth along with morning headaches or a stiff jaw, you’re likely experiencing something called “bruxism”, where you constantly clench and grind your pearly whites in your sleep. Over time, your smile can end up with serious issues if left untreated.
The good news is that we have a solution for you! We offer an oral appliance you wear while you sleep. This is a night guard designed for your mouth to treat and provide protection against teeth grinding and clenching. Nightguards are a simple and easy way to halt the effects of bruxism so you can sleep without worrying about damaging your teeth by wearing down precious tooth enamel. Don’t be surprised if you aren’t even aware of this harmful habit. A lot of people aren’t aware they are doing this nocturnally unless your partner is complaining about your noise, and you notice your teeth and jaw is hurting when you wake up.
What You Should Look For
- Constant morning jaw pain, facial pain and ear pain
- Waking up with a tight feeling in your jaw
- Chronics tension headaches and migraines
- Noticeable wear and tear on your teeth so they have chips, cracks, flat or otherwise worn teeth
- Serious tooth enamel erosion exposing the inner tooth layers
- You notice tongue indentations on its sides
- Heightened tooth sensitivity
Call for Help
That’s a long list of potential symptoms! Not to worry, Dr. Paresh Patel offers custom night guards in Frisco, Texas, to keep your smile safe and get a better night’s sleep. Please call Family Dentistry of Frisco at (469) 362-3150 to schedule a visit with our dentist. Your teeth and jaw will thank you!